- About the Program
- Curriculum – including courses
- Admission Requirements
- Start Dates & Application Deadlines
- Tuition & Costs
About the Program
The School Nursing Certification program at Rowan University prepares RN licensed nurses who hold a bachelor’s degree to assume a multifaceted role that supports the physical, mental, emotional and social health of students and their success in the learning process. This program builds upon a nurses’ healthcare experience with preparation in education to best qualify them for the interdisciplinary aspects of school health.
Program Code: .CXCRT-SCHNR / Major Code: 9221
The Post-Baccalaureate Certification in School Nursing program is a part-time program offered in an accelerated hybrid format with a combination of online courses and field placement. It is comprised of 18 undergraduate semester hours (6 courses) to be completed in approximately three consecutive semesters.
The following courses make up the Post-Baccalaureate Certification: School Nursing program. Three of the required six courses are scheduled in 8 week modules with each week of work starting every Tuesday at 8:00 a.m. and ending every Monday at midnight (Eastern Standard Time). The remaining three classes are scheduled across 14 weeks and almost entirely composed of field placements with any required meetings taking place in a web-based format.
The graduate-level courses listed here are not official and are subject to change. For an official list of available courses please visit the CGCE section tally. Click on the courses below to view available course descriptions.
|Course Number||Course Title||Semester Hours|
|SNUR 92407||School & Family Issues for Children with Ongoing Health Care Needs||3|
|SNUR 92466||School Health Services||3|
|SNUR 92430||Methods & Materials in Health Teaching for School Nurses||3|
|SNUR 92444||Practicum in School Nursing||3|
|SPED 08130||Human Exceptionality||3|
|SNUR 92445||Internship in Health Teaching for School Nursing||3|
|Total Semester Hours: 18|
Eligible students should have completed the following undergraduate foundation courses at an accredited institution:
- NURS 03.401 Community Health Nursing
- PSY 09.210 Adolescent Development
- NURS 03.303 Health Assessment
- An equivalent to Human & Intercultural Relations
The following is a list of items required to begin the application process for the School Nursing Certification program. There may be additional action or materials required for admission to the program. Upon receipt of the materials below a representative from the CGCE Admissions Processing Office will contact you with confirmation or indicating any missing items.
- Completed CGCE Post-Baccalaureate Application Form. Download the PDF or click here to apply online.
- $65 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Current professional resume must show experience in Nursing
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Copy of current RN License or copy of official NCLEX letter showing passing scores
- Copy of certifications in CPR (adult, child, infant) & AED (these are usually on one card)
- CGCE Foundation Course Completion Form (pdf)
- Eligible applicants must have successfully completed the following four undergraduate foundation courses at an accredited institution:
- FC-1. NURS 03.401: Community Health Nursing (3 credits)
- FC-2. PSY 09.210: Adolescent Development (3 credits)
- FC-3. NURS 03.303: Health Assessment (3 credits)
- The equivalent to a 3-credit Human and Intercultural Relations course (For example, ANTH 02.202: Cultural Anthropology, GEOG 06.102: Cultural Geography, or SOC 08.230: Sociology of Minority Groups).
- During the admissions process, the School Nursing Academic Advisor will determine foundation course equivalencies and how any unfinished undergraduate foundation courses can be scheduled concurrently with other program coursework. Foundation courses may not be available in an online format. If applicable, official notification of any unfinished foundation courses will be included in the applicant’s official decision letter from CGCE.
Start Dates & Application Deadlines
Below is a list of School Nursing Certification anticipated start dates. The start dates indicated are based on the university calendar or the CGCE schedule. Your actual first day of class will depend on the course sequence which will be provided by a CGCE Enrollment Advisor once you have matriculated in the program.
|Entry Term & Module||Start Date(s)||Application Deadline(s)|
|Summer 2014 – Module 5||05/06/2014||04/01/2014|
|Summer 2014 – Module 6||07/01/2014||06/01/2014|
Tuition & Costs
$441 per semester hour
(this rate applies to academic year 2013/2014 and is subject to change)