- About the Program
- Curriculum – including courses
- Admission Requirements
- Start Dates & Application Deadlines
- Tuition & Costs
About the Program
The M.A. in Wellness and Lifestyle Management (WLM) is a program for professionals from a variety of disciplines who want to work with clients or students to create and maintain lifestyle changes. The program is designed to prepare graduates to develop and implement wellness and lifestyle change programs in community, hospital, corporate, and school settings.
The M.A. in Wellness and Lifestyle Management program consists of 10 courses and a total of 30 graduate semester hours (S.H.). This is a part-time accelerated program with degree completion possible in 5 consecutive semesters.
The graduate-level courses listed here are not official and are subject to change. For an official list of available courses please visit the CGCE section tally. Click on the courses below to view available course descriptions.
|Course Number||Course Title||Semester Hours|
|HLTH 37541||Wellness Coaching and Behavior Change||3|
|HLTH 37542||Program Planning in Health Promotion||3|
|HLTH 37512||Understanding and Applying the Professional Literature in HES||3|
|HRM 06688||Human Resource Management in Health Promotion||3|
|MGT 06519||Leadership in Health Promotion||3|
|HLTH 37600||Wellness through the Lifecycle||3|
|HLTH 37590||Integrating Wellness into School Settings||3|
|HLTH 37610||Positive Perceptions, Performance and Wellness||3|
|HLTH 37580||Obesity and Diabetes Management||3|
|Total Semester Hours: 30|
The following is a list of items required to begin the application process for the M.A. in Wellness and Lifestyle Management program. There may be additional action or materials required for admission to the program. Upon receipt of the materials below a representative from the CGCE Admissions Processing Office will contact you with confirmation or indicating any missing items.
- Completed Graduate-level CGCE Application Form. Download the PDF or click here to apply online.
- $65 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Typewritten statement of professional objectives
- Two letters of recommendation. While the official Recommendation Form is required, an actual letter from the recommender is preferred.
- CGCE Foundation Course Completion Form (pdf)
- Eligible applicants to this program must have completed one undergraduate Basic Nutrition foundation course at an accredited institution before beginning the HLTH 37.580 course (either as a non-matriculated or matriculated student). During the admissions process the M.A. in Wellness and Lifestyle Management Academic Advisor will determine foundation course equivalencies and include information to that effect in the student’s admission letter (if applicable).
Start Dates & Application Deadlines
Below is a list of M.A. in Wellness & Lifestyle Management anticipated start dates. The start dates indicated are based on the university calendar or the CGCE schedule. Your actual first day of class will depend on the course sequence which will be provided by a CGCE Enrollment Advisor once you have matriculated in the program.
|Entry Term & Module||Start Date(s)||Application Deadline(s)|
|Spring 2015 – Module 3||01/06/2015||11/01/2014|
|Spring 2015 – Module 4||03/03/2015||02/15/2015|
|Summer 2015 – Module 5||05/05/2015||04/01/2015|
|Summer 2015 – Module 6||06/30/2015||06/01/2015|
|Fall 2015 – Module 1||08/25/2015||08/01/2015|
|Fall 2015 – Module 2||10/20/2015||09/15/2015|
Tuition & Costs
$707 per semester hour
(this rate applies to academic year 2014/2015 and is subject to change)