The College of Education's primary mission is to ensure that faculty and undergraduate and graduate candidates develop the knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed to foster academic achievement, social responsibility, personal responsibility and social justice in themselves so that they can, in turn, facilitate high achievement in P-16 learners. Our programs provide an intellectually rigorous and challenging environment for all candidates. Built upon a liberal education, the College's programs combine the study of research, theory, and wisdom of practice in diverse settings with a variety of opportunities to apply knowledge, skills and dispositions to practice.
The College of Education offers programs in teacher education and other human services fields. For many years, Rowan University has enjoyed an outstanding reputation as a teacher preparatory institution. Rowan University was awarded the first Program of Distinction in Teacher Education by the New Jersey State Department of Higher Education. The Rowan University teacher education program is large and comprehensive and has consistently earned national accreditation from the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
In addition to teacher education, the College of Education offers baccalaureate and graduate degree program options and concentrations in other professional and human services fields. Many of these programs are in the fields that serve the changing needs of our educational society and offer broad opportunities for employment or continued study.
Rowan Online offers the following Education programs:
- Doctor of Educational Leadership - Hybrid
- Doctor of Educational Leadership
- Master of Education
- M.A. in Reading Education
- M.A. in School Administration
- M.A. in Wellness & Lifestyle Management
- Principal Preparation Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study
- Educational Technology Certificate of Graduate Study
- English as a Second Language Certificate of Graduate Study
- Reading Certificate of Graduate Study
- Special Education Certificate of Graduate Study
- Teaching and Learning Certificate of Graduate Study
- Supervisor Certification
- Teacher of Students w/Disabilities: Graduate Endorsement
- Teacher of Students w/Disabilities: Post-Baccalaureate