- About the Program
- Curriculum – including courses
- Admission Requirements
- Start Dates & Application Deadlines
- Tuition & Costs
About the Program
The Business Certificate of Graduate Study (COGS) provides Master of Business Administration (MBA) course exposure to students who are ultimately interested in pursuing the MBA degree. This program is designed primarily for those potential graduate students who are considering the MBA degree but would like to fully understand the nature of the coursework before applying for admission to the degree program. The certificate of graduate study is also ideal for those who have not yet taken the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) as GMAT scores are not a requirement for admission to the certificate program. Students who wish to later pursue a Rohrer College of Business MBA may have all COGS credits transferred into the MBA program.
The Business COGS is a part-time program offered in an accelerated online format. It requires the completion of 15 graduate semester hours (5 courses).
The following courses make up the Business of Graduate Study program. Each course is scheduled in 8 week modules with each week of work starting every Tuesday at 8:00 a.m. and ending every Monday at midnight (Eastern Standard Time). The graduate-level courses listed here are not official and are subject to change. For an official list of available courses please visit the CGCE section tally. Click on the courses below to view available course descriptions.
|Course Number||Course Title||Semester Hours|
|ACC 03500||Managerial Accounting||3|
|MGT 01510||Professional, Legal and Managerial Responsibilities||3|
|MGT 06500||Designing Developing & Leading High Performance Organizations||3|
|MIS 02500||Issues in Management Information Systems||3|
|MKT 09500||Marketing Management||3|
|Total Semester Hours: 15|
The following is a list of items required to begin the application process for the Business Certificate of Graduate Study program. There may be additional action or materials required for admission to the program. Upon receipt of the materials below a representative from the CGCE Admissions Processing Office will contact you with confirmation or indicating any missing items.
- Completed Graduate-level CGCE Application Form. Download the PDF or click here to apply online.
- $65 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (regardless of number of credits earned)
- Current professional resume
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA or at least 2.8 (on a 4.0 scale)
- CGCE Foundation Course Completion Form (pdf)
- Eligible applicants must have successfully completed the following undergraduate foundation courses at an accredited institution.
- FC-1. Foundations of Accounting (or Accounting I & II)
- FC-2. Principles of Marketing
Start Dates & Application Deadlines
Below is a list of Business COGS anticipated start dates. The start dates indicated are based on the university calendar or the CGCE schedule. Your actual first day of class will depend on the course sequence which will be provided by a CGCE Enrollment Advisor once you have matriculated in the program.
|Entry Term & Module||Start Date(s)||Application Deadline(s)|
|Spring 2015 – Module 3||01/06/2015||12/01/2014|
|Spring 2015 – Module 4||03/03/2015||02/01/2015|
|Summer 2015 – Module 5||05/05/2014||04/01/2015|
|Summer 2015 – Module 6||06/30/2015||06/01/2015|
|Fall 2015 – Module 1||08/25/2015||08/01/2015|
Tuition & Costs
$845 per semester hour
(this rate applies to academic year 2014/2015 and is subject to change)